There’s No Need To Blow Up God’s Phone


A man in the Phoenix area went on a date last year with a woman he met online. One date. He then concluded she wasn’t the one he was looking for, but her thoughts toward him weren’t the same. 

So she texted him.

65,000 times.

That’s not an exaggeration. That’s the number the police discovered once they had concluded their investigation. That’s taking, “blowing up” someone’s phone to a whole other level. When asked in a TV interview if she thought that was excessive she replied, “Love is excessive.”

I’m not going to disagree with her last statement, but I would definitely recommend other ways of showing it. 

I’m so glad when I need to talk to God I don’t need to pray like that. Jesus described talking to Father like this,

When you pray, don't babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again.” Matthew 6:7

Aren’t you glad you don’t have to ask God things 65,000 times? 

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Mark 11:24

That doesn’t make God a genie in a bottle, but he’s definitely a prayer answering God. Also, nothing is too difficult for him. Ask him for what you need today, and when you do believe he’s going to respond.

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him.” I John 5:14-15

Let’s pray.

Following the Son,

James A Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Had What I Needed Today. I Always Do.

It’s My Turn To Be The Pop

Christmas Reactions: A Look At The Responses To Jesus' Birth