The Chronicles Of My Mini Cooper


I’m sitting in the office of a machine shop with my wife right now in Delaware. That’s sure not how I thought my day would go when it began. We were in Yonkers, NY this morning playing with our grandchildren when we heard the snow totals forecasted increase, and decided to hit the road a day earlier than planned. 

Passing through a toll plaza the noise started, steam began, the power steering went, lights came on, and we rolled off the highway. I don’t get too stressed over a breakdown. Cars are temporary, and repairs go with car ownership. But breaking down while it’s sleeting on a highway in Delaware sort of changes the dynamics. Unsure what was wrong, we rolled into a speed shop off the highway.

I’m never too sure with mechanics I don’t know, but as we conversed with the shop owner we discovered he was a fellow believer. We shared some great stories, and a man who stopped in assured us these were among the best mechanics in the state. Our car is almost finished as I type this, and our journey will continue. The price was incredibly fair, and I couldn’t be more pleased with how things worked out. As I sat waiting the following verses came to mind.

The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him.” Psalm 37:23

Also;

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

Well, my Mini just pulled up out front, and I’m back in business. Time to head down the road. I don’t know what the rest of my trip holds, but I know who holds the rest of my trip.

Following the Son,
James A Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Had What I Needed Today. I Always Do.

It’s My Turn To Be The Pop

Christmas Reactions: A Look At The Responses To Jesus' Birth