Kristians and Karma

"What goes around, comes around." 

"You'll get yours."

"Karma"

Whenever I hear expressions like this I always feel like I'm talking to Jonah. No, not my nephew. I'm talking about the guy who travels via fish. Jonah didn't want grace extended, he wanted God to get everybody back. The people of Nineveh had done his people wrong, and now it was time for them to get what they had coming to them.
Fortunately for all of us Father isn't like that. Although revenge belongs to God, he is a God who delights in showing mercy. To be like him, we need to delight in showing mercy as well. So the next time someone offends you rather than calling for Karma (I mean, come on, are you even Buddhist?), try repaying evil with good. The Proverb says that this is like heaping burning coals on their head...and that's what you really wanted to do anyway.

Following the Son,

James A Williams

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Had What I Needed Today. I Always Do.

It’s My Turn To Be The Pop

Christmas Reactions: A Look At The Responses To Jesus' Birth