God Has A Great Memory

"Are you glasses wearing guy, or are you this guy?" This was the question asked of me by the doctor who examined my eyes...Orthodontist or something like that. He proceeded to bend his arm back and forth as if putting on and removing glasses while doing things. I decided to become glasses wearing guy. It's not as cool of a title as Spider-Man or Thor, but it's working for me. I've never worn contact lenses, so I have no way of knowing what it feels like to have them on. Seems like you would be aware of them, but I have been known to look for my glasses while they were on my face so I don't know. I heard about a woman this week who went in to have her eyes checked out. She was thinking that she may need cataract surgery. The doctor discovered she was wearing 27 contact lenses. 17 in one eye and 10 in the other. Apparently she forgets to take them out.
Amusing, but being forgotten or overlooked in life can be pretty disturbing. It happened in Esther to a man named Mordecai. He had uncovered a plot to assassinate the king, that had simply been forgotten. The king found out about it some time later when he was having trouble sleeping one night and asked that an attendant read him the history of his reign. "Read to me about me," seems like a strange request, but Father had a plan. In the end Mordecai had a parade thrown for him where he was led through the city by a man who was plotting to kill him. The tables had turned.
When life forgets you, overlooks you, or just plain misunderstands you, rest in the truth that God never forgets you. Hebrews 6:10 and many other passages assure us that we are remembered. He knows your name and has written it on the palm of His hand. That doesn't mean you'll get a parade, but it does mean you don't have to explain yourself. As Christ did, allow Father to do that for you.

Following the Son,
James A Williams

Comments

  1. Understanding ophthalmology, the part of the woman thinking she had cataracts .. that's frightening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a crazy story! Thankfully Father never forgets us 😁

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Had What I Needed Today. I Always Do.

It’s My Turn To Be The Pop

Christmas Reactions: A Look At The Responses To Jesus' Birth