I Talk To Mountains


I talk to things that can’t talk. I know that might sound strange, but it’s true.

I talk to my dog. I say, “God bless you,” when he sneezes. I say, “excuse me,” when I need to get around him. I hope he appreciates my manners, but he can’t talk. At least he never does when I’m around.

I talk to tools. When I’m trying to get a wrench into a tight spot I say things like, “Come on! Help me out!” I even say, “please,” to my sockets.

I talk to cars. Especially when they’re being uncooperative. “Please. Please. Just start.” Sometimes this strategy works.

I talk to computers, furnaces, appliances, and more. I don’t know why I talk to things that can’t talk back, but sometimes I do.

I also talk to mountains.

Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.” Mark 11:23

And I’ve been known to talk to things and situations that appear dead.

Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath[a] enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’” Ezekiel 37:4-6

There’s been some abuses in the church over the years when it comes to speaking things into being. But there’s no taking away from the truth that our words are powerful, and God loves words of faith. What mountain are you facing? What looks dead in your life? It could be time to talk to your mountain. It’s probably time to tell some dead bones to live. It’s always time to speak, pray, and believe, “in Jesus name.”

Is there something you need to talk to? Now is a good time to do it.

Following the Son,

James A Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Had What I Needed Today. I Always Do.

It’s My Turn To Be The Pop

Christmas Reactions: A Look At The Responses To Jesus' Birth