Transformation


"You still look the same."
I hear this sometimes from people I haven't seen in a while. I smile, say thank you, and walk away thinking, "he really needs to have his vision checked. I'll pray for his healing."

Of course telling someone they look the same after a few years is intended to be a compliment. It's not a good thing to stay the same spiritually though. God's plan for us is growth and change. 

Paul wrote these words to the believers in Corinth, "But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." II Corinthians 3:18.

"Being transformed." That's God's desire for all of us. He uses everything. The Holy Spirit is working on us, the Scriptures renew our minds, other believers sharpen us, times in his presence refresh us, and even work and school are part of the plan. 

Here's a great quote about life.
"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it." -John Ruskins.

We often think of work as being something we do just to get a check. School is only about getting a diploma or degree. Yet, Father is using all the events of our lives to transform us from glory to glory. As you go about your day today don't simply ask, what am I getting out of this? Rather ask, who am I becoming?

I don't really mind being told I look the same, but I sure don't want to be the same. Let's keep growing.

Following the Son,

James A Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Had What I Needed Today. I Always Do.

It’s My Turn To Be The Pop

Christmas Reactions: A Look At The Responses To Jesus' Birth