Sometimes All You Can Expect Is The Unexpected


Snow? In a lot of the northern states the white stuff continued to fall throughout April this year. Rather unexpected for this late in the year. As recent as last week some cities experienced significant accumulation, and it snowed in upstate New York this past weekend. I’ve heard people say things like, “we don’t know what to expect.”

Life has a way of doing that to us as well. Just when you think you know what to expect something unpredictable happens.

The car breaks down on the way to work.

The baby throws up on their new outfit as you’re about to walk out the door.

Your classmate who was supposed to do a presentation with you gets sick on the day of the presentation.

The company downsizes and you get laid off.

Just when you think you’ve got it all together things can so quickly come unraveled. It’s good to know that, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8. 

Life won’t always be the same, but Jesus will be.  He’ll be faithful, He’ll be present, He’ll be a comfort, He’ll be the Prince of Peace.

I don’t know what the future holds. Does it snow in May? I sure hope not. I do know who holds the future though. And I like knowing that He’s my friend.

Following the Son,

James A Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Had What I Needed Today. I Always Do.

It’s My Turn To Be The Pop

Christmas Reactions: A Look At The Responses To Jesus' Birth