A Story Of A Humble Man


"A Pharisee is hard on others and easy on himself, but a spiritual man is easy on others and hard on himself." A.W. Tozer

I won't write as much on my own this morning. Rather I want to share Jesus' parable of two men who went to the temple to pray. 
I've heard it said that we judge others in life by their actions, but we judge ourselves by our intentions. Since we know we meant well even if we don't come through in a situation we easily justify ourselves. Yet, one day we will all give an account for life on earth. On that day we won't be evaluating others. It will simply be a one on one with our Father. Thank God for grace or none of us would stand a chance on that day. Still, let's keep growing between now and then.

"Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.” Like 18:9-14.

Following the Son,
James A Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Had What I Needed Today. I Always Do.

It’s My Turn To Be The Pop

Christmas Reactions: A Look At The Responses To Jesus' Birth