Act Like Jesus And Get Some Rest


Life can get pretty hectic. Work, family, commuting, school, cooking, cleaning, errands, and the list goes on. Sometimes I even feel like I'm just too busy. I wonder how I will be able to get everything done that I need to get done in the amount of time that I have to get it done. I don't know if that's even a proper sentence. I don't have time to look up the grammar rules right now.

Jesus was sometimes so busy that the Bible says he didn't have any time to eat. That's pretty busy. People were before him constantly and it was hard to turn them away. In spite of all he had to do we still find passages like this one. 

"Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and be healed of their sicknesses. But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed" Luke 5:16.

It wasn't that there wasn't anything to do. Jesus knew that on his to do list he had to always keep caring for himself as a priority. Sometimes that means having to leave something undone for a bit. Sometimes it means having to turn down an opportunity. Sometimes it means waking up a little earlier to find a quiet spot on your own. If Jesus needed to hang out with his Father to recharge his batteries than you and I definitely need to look for opportunities to do the same.

So go for a prayer walk this week, spend your lunch break alone one day, find a spot to sit and be still. And don't feel guilty when you do, after all, you'll be acting just like Jesus


Following the Son,
James A Williams

Comments

  1. This is so true. Thanks for the reassurance that it's okay to leave things, be alone and pray.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Had What I Needed Today. I Always Do.

It’s My Turn To Be The Pop

Christmas Reactions: A Look At The Responses To Jesus' Birth