Heaven Must Be Awesome...But I'm Not There Yet


Heaven should be pretty awesome.

No one stumps their toes in heaven, or at least if they do it doesn't hurt, "no more...pain."
Kids like doing homework in Heaven and siblings always get along, "no more...crying."
It's always Fall in Heaven, "no scorching heat."

Ok, maybe I'm putting my own little spin on things, but when I read of the place that Jesus is preparing for us it is pretty amazing. Trouble is, I'm not there yet. I don't live in the New Jerusalem, I live in the old New York. 

That's why verses like Psalm 27:13, "I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." and "He is not the God of the dead, but of the living," Luke 20:38, are so encouraging to me. Heaven sounds awesome, but I gotta get through this week on earth.

Sometimes life on earth isn't so awesome. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it's painful, sometimes it's sad,... sometimes life on earth stinks. Isn't it great to know that the same Spirit who raised Christ from the dead lives in you? That, He who began a good work in you will complete it? That, you'll never be left or forsaken? That Jesus didn't die just to get you into His kingdom, but He also died to get His kingdom into you? That's good news!

So, check your pulse. If it's still there then you're in the land of the living, serving the God of the living. So remain confident of this; you're going to see the goodness of God.

Following the Son, 
James A Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Had What I Needed Today. I Always Do.

It’s My Turn To Be The Pop

Christmas Reactions: A Look At The Responses To Jesus' Birth